2014年7月30日

Inspiration Series - Day 3 - Seth

Today, to continue my series of daily outfits inspired by Moi dix mois,
I decided to go and get inspired by the voice who makes it all alive ~ 




I've been thinking about Seth a lot these days, following the bad news that spread on 
Twitter, and on Mana's blog later yesterday. 
Seth suffered from appendicitis, and had to be hospitalized and get surgery.
He seems alright, however, as he thanked everyone for the kind messages
that he received yesterday after the announcement. They still had to cancel the show
planned saturday, but if recovery allows, Moi dix mois is still planning to go 
to Russia in two weeks. 
I wish him a safe, quick and good recovery ! 

When it was announced numerous years ago that Juka would leave Moi dix mois,
I must admit I was worried. I really liked Juka in the band, and I thought
"it wouldn't be the same". 
Just to find out after Beyond The Gate was released, that it only got
extremely better
(with all respect due to Juka). 

I thought Seth would have to adjust his voice, a new voice that has different 
sounds, and maybe a different range or capacity, to fit Mana's music, but I feel Seth's voice was
just made to be singing these songs. Whether Mana changed things to fit his voice
or the opposite, but I feel everything came together in real magic. 

Of course, some songs, I feel, wouldn't have sounded that good for Seth, because
they were made with having to work with Juka in mind, probably. 
But what Mana made of the songs he remastered to have Seth sing on them
were just pure magic
Considering capacities of both of them, I can only think of Pessimiste/Neo-Pessimiste
How Juka's voice couldn't have possibly put up with a vocal work of the
level of Neo-Pessimiste, but how Seth's voice wouldn't have been appropriate
for what Pessimiste was at first.

That is without talking about Seth's voice. 
Not singing. Just his voice.
I've seen Moi dix mois in concert a few time (as well as Art Cube, once !) 
and everytime I keep being amazed at how easy it sounds. Very effortless.
And I can understand why, thinking about when they stop and have Seth do the MC, 
that even just his speaking voice had this chanting velvet~y tone to it. 
Since then I can officially say I favorited Seth's performance and presence in Moi dix mois
over Juka's, but I can't deny that what Juka has done with the band was also
very great, and he did an amazing job as well.

So with all this inspiration coming from Seth, and from his "other persona", Z, from his other band
{ Art Cube }
I think today was a good day to dress up and look up to him 
as the grand person he is and great artist he is. 
Here we go ! 


 


Gilet, Jewel cross, and neckruff are Moi-même-moitié !

I got inspired by Seth's live outfit as well as some outfits he wore during
photoshoots for promotional pictures or with the band. Very often
Seth's "signature" item are long leather gloves, so I went with it ! 
It's also different for me to go red, since I'm usually tending towards blue !

I hope you enjoyed today's transformation !

Don't forget to send Seth some love through his Twitter if you can !!





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿