2015年2月10日

Lolita Blog Carnival - Lolita Plans for 2015


This week I come by with new which I'm very excited about ! I was just accepted as a member of the Lolita Blog Carnival (Tumblr /Facebook) bloggers group ! Every week, we get a topic to chat about and link to each other's blog posts so people can go around the carroussel and read many different opinions on the same topic, related to lolita ! I'm not sure if I will participate every week, as some of the topics might not fall under things that I'm too much into, but I'll do my best, so stay tuned :) 

This week's topic is ...... 



I decided I would talk about the subject in 3 different themes ! Budget, style, and wishlist. Here we go ! 

Budget 

In the past few months, as well as for the next few months as well, I am nowhere near a financial level at which I can casually buy lolita items. Ironically, I still do, because out of the darkness of my days I find comfort in buying myself nice items that make me happy for a moment. I don't splurge on hauls or anything, of course ! But I recently have found some dream items that are quite rare, so I jumped on the occasion and got them anyways. 

So since actually budgetting and being a responsible adult isn't really me right now, my plan is to reconsider purchases and think about them more before actually buying an item. For example : I am an absolutely extreme color-matchy person, so far that my entire life is white, blue and black, if physically possible. So I had made my mind clear that I wanted to expand  my Moi-même-moitie collection with more white and blue roses (another theme in my life) items, so I jumped on expensive blue roses items last year, that I sadly ended up selling. Not because I don't like them in themselves, but because flowery items tend to make me feel too ~cute~, and I usually end up wearing the dress or design less for this reason. So before purchasing something in the new releases that would have for example, a flowery pattern (I'm looking at you, febuary volume of the GLB, spring Moitie collection....) 

(Moi-même-moitie's Blue rose Tulle OP, and Blue Roses Chiffon OP

(Moi-même-moitie's upcoming collection, picture of a sample JSK.
From Mana's blog

I would, for example, sacrifice some money on an item that I have been searching for a long time, but that still goes along my current style. I had so many Moi-même-moitie dresses in my wishlist I actually acquired over the years, but ended up selling for the same reason I just talked about, so money will only go on items I will carefully think about. 

If I have to concentrate major parts of my budget to something, it will definitely be comfortable shoes, and comfortable tops to weark with JSKs. That's my only budget planning ! 

Style

Talking about what I should think of buying, and what I won't buy because my style has since outdated the piece for my particular wardobe, it will be an important part of my lolita decision making process this year. Apart from my budget, my job limits my style quite literally. I cannot wear lolita at work at all as I work in a uniform. But I am currently searching for a job that allows more casual clothes/business casual/office clothes, so I can incorporate maybe a little black Moitie dress with a jacket, for example. My style came back to my old gothic roots from years ago, and the cute poofy dresses with pigtails aren't much of my thing anymore, so I focus on drapey, simple EGA or more plain black dresses with nice lace, or such. I would also like to find a summer style that will be reminiscent of my gothic lolita style, but that will be comfortable to wear when it's hot out, as I cannot stand heat, sweat easily, and don't want to tan too much as well, which makes dressing in the summer quite the challenge. (I like the "I'll stay inside" style better). Also, a related goal will be to loose weight.... Because of illness, my job and medication, I have gained a lot of weight, which makes me not like my style, as I cannot represent accurately the coordinates I see in my head as a finished product on my body, so it makes me sad to dress up, seeing as I cannot acheive the beauty that I imagine. Hopefully, I can find the motivation and energy to loose weight (at least a little bit, bit by bit !) and to feel prettier in my clothes, as well as not feeling as bad for spending money on clothes that won't fit good. 

 
From a soft blue and white, to a velvety old school gothic lolita look.... <3 

I also wish to put some money (if available) into organizing my closet, as well as putting some more EGL feeling to my living space, like decorating my bedroom, etc. I wish I had the potential, space and funds to turn my room into a Moitie Boutique wanabe ! Ah, but you can always dream..... 

Wishlist

And last but not least, my wishlist. It will obviously follow the patterns in the two previous chapters. I feel like my wishlist sadly didn't go smaller over the years, but evolved. It went from most Moitie dresses that would fit me, to exclusive blue and black (with hints of ivory/white) items, to make coordinating easier, versatility levels up, and easier to wear in a day to day basis. 

Events 

I am not someone who usually goes to conventions at all, by lack of interest, and lack of budget to do so. But each year, my community organizes the Ste-Dolores event, in june, to be our International Lolita Day, so I'm excited to see how it will turn out this year. I never plan coordinates in advance, so I'll check this out once in late may..... ahahaha. We usually have a second meet-up as well in december, so that's pretty far, but we'll see ! This year I participated in the Otakuthon Babyssb tea party, but this year I don't know if they'll have a brand tea party, I'll have to see if I attend it, if they do. But first, this week-end (Valentines !) is a small meet that I'm organizing with another girl of my comm, so I'm excited for it. Hopefully it won't be too cold ! 

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~

If you want to read more about other lolitas plans for this year,
follow the caroussel of blogs right here, and enjoy
Lolita Blog Carnival !





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿