2015年2月26日

Lolita Blog Carnival - Out of Style Coordination

This week, for Lolita Blog Carnival, the theme was not to choose an out of style piece and coordinate it, but to coordinate a dress in another sub-style than it's original style (making a gothic coordinate out of a sweet dress, for example.) Here we go !




Sadly, it's only after doing all my research on my chosen pieces that I realised we were probably asked to actually wear a coordinate with pieces we own. Sadly, even if I knew and wanted to do this, it was impossible for me to do so, since I only own Moi-même-moitie pieces in either royal blue or black, and that making a sweet or classic coordinate with this might prove difficult (ahaha). 

I still decided to post this week, since I spent so much time on researching the pieces for the coordinate ! I had some ideas of the main piece I would choose, but some seemed too obvious, or I was doubting their "original" style (A dress from Moitie in ivory with lilac-ish flowers is still technically gothic for me as I always coordinate it in my head with white Moitie and make it white gothic) but I thought it would be too easy to go that route, so I ended up choosing a dress that caused me color matching trouble and a lot of puzzling research for this coordinate ! 

The mighty dress I chose was the Jewelry Print JSK in green, by Moi-même-moitié 


I could have gone with any black dress (like this exact one, with the silver print), and coordinate it with pink, and be done with it, but I thought "why not make this extremely complicated ?"  (....) I could also have chosen the red version, which would have allowed me to find matching items easier.... But anyways. Let's see what I put together ! 

I took the time to draw all the pieces of the coordinate myself, so I could put it together and see the final result ! Photoshoping it proved to be difficult since the pictures are all so different.... So it should look something like this ! 


The color turned out quite awful in picture.... But I chose to go with a gothic dress turned classic ! It took me a long time to find the right shades of green that would match my dress in a classic fashion, but I think the coordinate would work well IRL ! Here are the pictures of the actual items, for a better idea !  










How do you like it ? It would be quite easy to make the same coordinate with the red version of the dress with the bordeaux hat, same blouse, black boots and same tights ! I think it's classic enough to hide the gothicness of Moitie, without taking off the cross motif party. 

It was a nice exercise, as I'm used to really just go with gothic coordinates in my head or OTT gothic for meets. Even though I didn't make an actual coordinate with my clothes, I hope you still enjoyed ! I had fun searching through all the ressources and links of shops to find items to match ! 

This week, in the Lolita Blog Carnival,
you can visit everyone's blog to see the same topic !
Check it out !



Thank you ! See you soon !

Dahlia 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿